Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Coordinate Tuesday: Simple and Clean

This week's coordinate is one using my old dream dress! I might just have to get this coordinate for myself, as I also own these shoes and this bow. So I'm almost there.


What I really love about this dress is the embroidery on the pocket. It's the Baby the Stars Shine Bright logo, which is a heart shape with a "B" in the middle. I decided to echo that
shape in the jewelry. I also wanted to add in the vintage element, hence the clock earrings (they don't actually work though) and the charm bracelet. I've had a renewed love for charm bracelets recently. I got a Hello Kitty one for Christmas and I've been looking for cute charms that clip on so I can change them out easily. I chose the rocking horse shoes for a touch of oldstyle Lolita (they aren't as popular as they used to be, but they're making a comeback!) and for the creamy color of the wood. I own these shoes and I have to say, they are very light and once you get the hang of it, easy to walk or stand in. The bow on the bag echoes the bows on the shoes and the bows on the front of the dress, as well as the hairbow. Let's face it, it's not quite Lolita unless there's a bow in there somewhere. You could decide to use a heart-shape bag for a sweeter approach, in either black or cream. In fact, this whole outfit could be made sweeter by changing out all the cream elements for white, and changing the vintage charm bracelet for a more modern one. This dress can go either way, and that's what makes it a great piece in my opinion.

So that's it for Coordinate Tuesday. I'm not a big fan of that name though, so if you have any suggestions on what to change it to, please let me know. Next week will be a new month and a new theme, so look forward to something different! I haven't announced the next theme yet, so it seems silly to ask for reader coordinates for next week. Because in fact, next Tuesday is the first of February. If you have any questions for me, you can let me know in the comments, by emailing me (my email is on the "about me" page), or by posting them to my formspring. I hope to hear lots of ideas from everyone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment