Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everybody! Did you have a good time last night? I like to make a few sets of resolutions every year, doll resolutions, regular resolutions, and of course, Lolita resolutions. So these are my Lolita resolutions for 2011!

1. Buy more shoes!
As I talked about last time, I've got a bit of an obsession with shoes right now. For awhile I had a pair of white shoes and a pair of black ones and I could wear those with everything. But now, that just isn't cutting it. So I want to get all different types and colors of shoes to vary up my coordinates a little.

2. Learn to make pieces
I make doll clothes, but I've never made any human size clothes. So this year, I'd like to learn to make clothes for myself. I'm starting with skirts and reconstructions of t-shirts to make cut-sews.

3. Get more casual items
I've been slowly transferring my wardrobe into more of a casual style that I can wear every day, but this year, I'd really like to get on that and become a true lifestyle lolita.

4. Expand wardrobe in general
My wardrobe, in its current state, is pitiful. I sold off a lot of my pieces to afford my dolls, but now I want to build it back up. So I'll be stalking the sales community for second-hand items to build it back up. Hopefully the sewing skills I plan to acquire will help out too.

There you have it! My Lolita resolutions for 2011. Of course, these will probably change as the year progresses. For instance, I might be going to Japan this fall for a study abroad. If I do, then I plan to go back to Harajuku for some serious shopping. Last time, I was able to buy a Baby the Stars Shine Bright bag and two Metamorphose Temps de Fille skirts. Next time, I will surely brave the busy Bodyline store (it was PACKED!) and get some good bargains without shipping fees. What are your Lolita resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment