Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coordinate Tuesday: Once Upon a Dream

I know it's Wednesday. This was written up yesterday, and I could not seem to get it posted. It won't be a regular occurrence.

Today’s coordinate is loosely based off of Sleeping Beauty. This was not one of my favorite movies as a child, and as a result, all I really remember about Aurora is the last scene where she is dancing with the prince. The fairies keep changing her dress from pink to blue and back. This is honestly all I remember of the movie.

I went back and watched this scene again, and I was astounded by the realism of the movement of her gown. It swishes around the dance floor so gracefully, and so I went for this type of movement in the dress I chose.

This dress is from Innocent World. It’s a light and summery type of dress. I had a hard time deciding what to put with this dress because of its light appearance. I finally settled on a cutsew, but I would have liked to see a lace shawl or something lighter. This coordinate is loosely made as a hime style coordinate, although I don’t know much about it. I wanted to keep it very simple. The shoes are to balance out the top with the bottom and weigh the outfit down. The bag is a pochette from Innocent World. I wanted something small and fairly plain. This one actually doubles as a hand warmer. For the headpiece, I looked for a tiara that was vaguely the same shape as the one that Aurora wears. However, this is apparently not a popular shape in tiara making, and so I decided on this “hair corsage” as I call them. The butterfly ring is the perfect shade of blue to match the dress, and it harkens back to the scene in the forest.

What do you think? Any suggestions on the next princess? Submit your princess-themed coordinates and see them here next week! You can email them to me, my email is cat91151@gmail.com or you can post a link in the comments section. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments or on my formspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment