Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lolita Obsessions: Sailor Lolita

I mentioned Sailor Lolita back here. If you recall, it's not an extremely popular style. But Metamorphose Temps de Fille is bringing it back with their new summer(?) line. Why is it their summer line? I have no idea, since it's going to be done by April and that's hardly summer. No matter when this is coming out, it's adorable! Sailor style is terribly cute! Unfortunately, I hardly ever see it done. So maybe with this new line from Meta, there will be an influx of sailor Lolitas in the community.

This new collection contains one jumper skirt, two skirts, a blouse, a one piece, and three head pieces, two of which are hats! I love the jumper skirt because it's a unique kind of flexible piece. It's got this removable collar. So you can put the collar on and get away without wearing a blouse (like the model is), or you can take the collar off and you have a fairly blank slate to work with as far as the top half of your outfit goes. I'm not a fan of this one piece, I think it kind of looks too much like a Japanese school uniform. The rest of the pieces are great, and I can't wait to see the pieces in the other colors.

Here's the coordinate that I made. I used the three-tiered skirt from the set, along with a lot of off-brand stuff. I was going for a little bit of a decora thing. Now I know that this isn't true decora style, but it's got a couple of elements from it, like the layered socks and the jewelry.


It's pretty casual, but you could switch the top out with any top in the general color scheme you're going for and it would work! I know right now Forever 21 has a ton of striped pieces, at least the one near me does. This skirt is a very flexible piece that would fit into almost any wardrobe.

The ordering period begins on March 10th at 17:00 in the Japanese time zone... so that's 14 hours ahead of the eastern standard time. Meaning if you live on the east coast and want to order, you'll need to do so at 3AM on March 10th. I'm sure they won't sell out that fast though, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting up to order.

Next Tuesday begins Alice month! You can send in your Alice themed coordinates to me at cat91151@gmail.com any time before Tuesday at noon and I'll put them on coordinate Tuesday! I hope to be able to put lots of reader coordinates up here next Tuesday! Let me know if you have any questions by checking out my Formspring account, and feel free to comment here!

2 comments:

  1. I see that you love their new Sailor line as much as I do :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Sailor loli and can't wait till I can put a coord together for it!

    ReplyDelete