Thursday, June 16, 2011

30 Day Lolita Challenge - Day 6


Today's topic is 10 things I can't live without in Lolita. I'm going to try my best to have 10, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get to that many.

1. Concealer and foundation
I consider them essential to daily life, let alone Lolita. Nothing is worse than having your picture taken and your face looks shiny and weird. If you don't want to wear make-up, I get it. But at least the foundation! It has sunscreen in it and a little bit goes a long way. You can't even begin to achieve the doll look without foundation. It comes in powder and in liquid forms, I use liquid. It blends very nicely into the skin making for a very natural look. I also have an under-eye concealer. It has caffeine in it to attempt to correct the dark circles under my eyes. But mostly it covers them up and makes them less noticeable.

2. Bloomers
Many Lolitas these days choose not to wear bloomers. Blasphemy! What would you do if a breeze swept your skirt up and you were exposed? Or if you're at a high up place where people can see you from below? I feel naked without them, I hate to go out without them. I have two pairs, both from In the Starlight.

3. A little pad of cute paper
Huh? What? Why? Having a pad of paper is extremely helpful when someone asks for your email. Or when you meet a particularly interested stranger that wants to know more about the style. Or when someone recommends a great book/movie/blog and you have to write it down. I never take mine out of my purse.

4. Cutsews
I love to wear casual styles to work and school. But I hate wearing blouses! So cutsews are a great alternative.They're comfy and available from lots of stores! I think that as long as it's an appropriate top for lolita (puff sleeves, ruffles, some sort of detailing or print) then it's great for a casual coordinate. I get them from Forever 21 and sometimes even Target. I'm not too picky about people's cutsews having to look a certain way. If it goes with the outfit, it's fine by me.

5. Lolita shoes
I've often expressed my love for lolita specific shoes here. But let me express it again. They are my favorite part of being a lolita. I'll be online for hours putting shoes into virtual shopping carts and dreaming of one day owning them all. The next pair I want to buy is a pair of lavender tea party replicas to match a new skirt that I commissioned from a friend.

6. My Innocent World Parasol
This is by far the best accessory I own. It's my top favorite item in my closet, and I take it to almost every meet-up I go to. It's the Heart Scallop Umbrella in black. The Innocent World name is on there in silver writing. It's beautiful in person and it matches almost everything I own. I was fortunate enough to be able to go to New York City about a year ago and I got to go to the Tokyo Rebel store! But I didn't have enough money for anything super amazing like a dress, this parasol was the top of my budget. I don't regret it even a little, I love this parasol with all my heart.

That's all I can think of. I'm pretty bad at this actually. Prints are great, but I like plain dresses too. I prefer tights, but I'm open to socks. I don't do the whole wig, fake nail, fake eyelash, circle lens thing. I'm pretty easy going about the whole thing I guess. Hopefully the next day post will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment