Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Contest! Country Coordinates and Crafts!

I've been trying to come up with a fairly straightforward contest for this month. While I really liked how the last one went, I wanted something with a creative element and less math. So I decided to do a coordinate contest. But then I thought, some people don't like to make coordinates, but they can draw or do some crafting. This spurred the idea for a crafting contest. Country lolita has a distinct handmade element to it that isn't as prevalent in many other styles. I'm not so great at crafting myself, but I wanted to pay homage to that handcrafted idea this month. So there are actually two contests, two ways to win, and two prizes.

The first contest is simply a coordination contest. You make a country-themed coordinate using Polyvore, Photoshop, or from your own wardrobe (with a photograph of all the elements together, it does not have to be worn). Then you email the coordinate to me at Theelegantwardrobe@gmail.com with a short description of the items you used. At the end of the contest, I'll post the winning coordinate here!

The second contest is a little different. What you can do is completely up to you, but it has to be a craft and it has to be country themed. Other than that, the sky's the limit! You can make an accessory, hairpiece, draw a picture, whatever! The only thing I ask is that you do not send photography unless you'd like to be entered into the coordinate contest. Whatever you make, take a picture of it At the end of the contest, I'll pick up to three winners! I may pick fewer though depending on the number of entries. The winner(s) will be posted here along with the coordinate contest winner.

Now the fun part, the prizes! I've thought about these a lot! The prize for the winner(s) of the crafting competition will be these adorable Hello Kitty gingham wallets! The winner of the coordinate will receive some strawberry-print stationary sets! All winners will receive a strawberry-scented Hello Kitty eraser too! Everything is really cute and country-themed! Prizes are subject to change based on availability.


The contest will end on Friday, July 1st 2011 at 11:59PM EST. I'll announce the winners the next day, July 2nd. If you have any questions on how the contest works, you can let me know in the comments section below. I hope that lots and lots of people enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment