Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Painting the Roses Red

Today’s coordinate is based off of the Red Queen of Hearts from the original Alice book. You know, the one who loves to chop off heads? Yes, my coordinate is based off of her today. You see, I was going to class and my boyfriend starts to hum the song that the card guards are singing. It’s currently stuck in my head, and thus today's coordinate was born.


This was a unique coordinate to make. The dress is Angelic Pretty, but the blouse is from Moi Meme Moitie. Angelic Pretty is known for being a super sweet brand, while Moitie is known for being very gothic. Weird juxtaposition there, but this particular blouse is fairly plain so it works. She's the Queen of Hearts, so naturally all of her accessories have hearts on them. The shoes I chose are actually replicas made by An*tai*na. They have the suits of cards on the straps, which I think is pretty neat. The problem with them is that they can only really work in a card motif outfit. I'm rather proud of this outfit, the red and black color combo came out looking crisp and with sort of a weird style. I think I'll call it bittersweet. Many people think that sweet and bittersweet have to have pink in them, or a print, or an animal bag. But this can be called sweet too, right? I mean, there are heart pockets and bows on the bodice.

What do you think? Would you call this sweet or something else? The giveaway will be ending a week from today, so keep getting points!

No comments:

Post a Comment